Study tours, Sholarships
1. 28-31 March 2017. INOGOV International Spring School Governing Climate Change: Polycentricity in Action? Heerlen, The Netherland.
2. July – August 2015. Study of the U.S. Institutions, Political Thought, Amherst, MA, USA.
3. 7 July – 10 August 2013. Climate-KIC Summer School, The Nederland and Germany. Research project: Business opportunities in smart grids.
1. 29 August – 1 September 2019. 115th American Political Science Association’s Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Washington, DC, USA. Lecture: Constitutionalized Dictatorship: A New Hegemony of Authoritarian Populism and Authoritarian Neoliberalism in Hungary. https://www.antalattila.hu/2019/08/constitutionalized-dictatorship-attila-antal-apsa-2019.html
2. 20-22, June 2019. Sovereignties in Contention: Nations, Regions and Citizens in Europe, 26th International Conference of Europeanists, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Madrid, Spain. Lecture: Fighting for Sovereignty: The Lie Behind the Right-Wing Populist Nationalism in Hungary. https://www.antalattila.hu/2019/06/fighting-for-sovereignty-lie-behind.html
3. 12 June 2019. Openness and Closedness – Culture and Science in Hungary and the Soviet Bloc after Helsinki Conference, Institute of Political History, Budapest. Lecture: The (Re)Institutionalization of Hungarian Political Science. https://www.antalattila.hu/2019/06/openness-and-closedness-conference.html
4. 2-5 May 2019. Rethinking crisis, resistance and strategy, Historical Materialism Athens Conference, Panteion University, Athens, Greece. Lecture: A Hegemonic Project Against Authoritarian Neoliberalism and Authoritarian Right. https://www.antalattila.hu/2019/05/a-hegemonic-project-historical-materialism-athens.html
5. 7 March 2019. Media freedom and pluralism, and populism in the context of the rule of law. Central European University, Budapest, Hungary. Lecture: The „Rule of Law” under Autocratic Populism. https://www.antalattila.hu/2019/03/the-rule-of-law-under-autocratic-populism.html
6. 22-24 November 2018. In the name of the people: representing the people in twenty-first century politics at University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain. Lecture: Nationalist and Transnational Populism form Eastern European Perspective. http://www.antalattila.hu/2018/11/nationalist-and-transnational-populism.html
7. 5-6 October 2018. The Social Life of Deportation Regimes: Interrogating the Implementation Interface Conference, Athens, Greece. Lecture: The Police State and the State of Exception in Hungary. http://www.antalattila.hu/2018/10/the-police-state-and-state-of-exception.html
8. 22-26 August 2018. ECPR General Conference, Hamburg, Germany. Lecture: Populism and Nationalism in Eastern Europe: Success for the Right, Failure for the Left? http://www.antalattila.hu/2018/08/populism-and-nationalism-in-eastern.html
9. 9-11 May 2018. ECSA-C Biennial Conference, Toronto, ON. Roundtable: Illiberal democracy in Central and Eastern Europe: What – if anything – can the EU do? http://www.ecsa-c.ca/2018-ecsa-c-biennial/2018-conference-program/
10. 9 May 2018. Research Lecture: Nationalist Populism and Illiberalism in Hungary: Historical Origins, Current Trajectories. Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Canada. http://www.antalattila.hu/2018/05/nationalist-populism-and-iliberalism-in-hungary.html
11. 3-6 May 2018. Marx200: Politics - Theory - Socialism. Congress, Berlin, Germany. Lecture: Ecosocialism in the 21st Century from the Perspective of Eastern Europe. http://www.antalattila.hu/2018/04/marx200-in-berlin.html
12. 27-29 April 2018. International Rosa Luxemburg Conference: Rosa Luxemburg and Her Ideas: Engaging the Left and Changing the World, Chicago, IL, USA. Organized by Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung New York. Lecture: Anti-war Theory and Activism in Permanent State of Exception. http://www.antalattila.hu/2018/04/rosa-luxemburg-and-her-ideas-conference.html
13. 23-24 March 2018. 2nd Annual Workshop of Populism Specialist Group at the Political Studies Association, University of Bath, UK. Lecture: Populism and Nationalism from an Eastern European Perspective. http://www.antalattila.hu/2018/03/populism-and-nationalism-from-eastern.html
14. 9-11 November 2017. Northeastern Political Science Association 49th Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA, USA. Lecture: Biopopulism – The Biopolitical Frameworks of Neopopulisms. http://www.antalattila.hu/2017/11/biopopulism-biopolitical-frameworks-of.html
15. 6 November 2017. Constitutional systems in Middle Europe – The cycle of meetings about political ideas of Tadeusz Mazowiecki organized by Polska Fundacja im. Roberta Schumana, Warsaw, Poland. Speak: The Rebirth of the Political – A Schmittian Moment in Hungary. http://www.antalattila.hu/2017/11/the-rebirth-of-political-schmittian.html
16. 6-9 September 2017. ECPR Annual Conference, Oslo, Norway. Lecture: Empire and Multitude Populism. http://www.antalattila.hu/2017/09/empire-and-multitude-populism.html
17. 22-23 May 2017. 3rd Prague Populism Conference between. Current Populism in Europe and the Role of the Media, Prague, The Czech Republic. Lecture: Populism and Climate Change in the Era of Post-Truth. http://www.antalattila.hu/2017/05/Populism-and-Climate-Change-in-the-Era-of-Post-Truth.html
18. 11-12 May 2017. Populism in Central and Eastern Europe in the 20th Century Workshop, Paris, France. Lecture: Communist Populism in Hungary. http://www.antalattila.hu/2017/05/communist-populism-in-hungary.html
19. 24-25 April 2017. Environmental Justice in the Anthropocene, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, USA. Lecture: Environmental and Social Justice in Eastern and South Europe: Ecopopulism and Biopower. http://www.antalattila.hu/2017/04/environmental-justice-in-anthropocene.html
20. 10-12 November 2016. Northeastern Political Science Association’s 48th Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, USA. Lecture: The Political Theory and Paradoxes of the Governing Populism in Hungary.
21. 23-24 May 2016 2nd International Conference. Current Populism in Europe: Impact on the Political Landscape, Prague. The Czech Republic. Lecture: Populism in Hungary: The False Promise of Repoliticisation. http://www.antalattila.hu/2016/05/populism-in-hungary.html
22. 26-29 August 2015. ECPR's General Conference, Université de Montréal, Canada. Lecture: Environmental and Energy Democracy in Hungary. http://www.antalattila.hu/2015/08/environmental-and-energy-democracy-in.html
23. 2-3 March 2015. Opportunities for European policy makers towards Environmental Justice. EJOLT conference and workshop, Brussels, Belgium.
24. 5-7 September 2014. 3rd UNITAR-Yale Conference on Environmental Governance and Democracy, New Haven, CT, USA. Lecture: Strong Constitutional Basis – Weak Environmental Policy – The Case of Hungary http://conference.unitar.org/yale2014/sites/conference.unitar.org.yale2014/files/2014%20UNITAR-Yale%20Conference%20-%20Attila%20Antal.pdf