I am Attila Antal, dor. jur. (Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest) and public policy expert (Corvinus University of Budapest). I am holding a PhD in political science and my dissertation is concerning Hungarian environmental and energy democracy. In 2013 I was a Climate KIC scholar. I was Study of the U.S. Institutions scholar at University of Massachusetts in 2015.
I have been teaching Political Thought since 2010 at Eötvös Loránd University Faculty of Law Institute of Political Science. My main courses are: Political Science, Energy and Environmental Policy, Hungarian Politics Between 2010 and 2016 I was a legal adviser at a leading Hungarian NGO (Energy Club Public Policy Institute) concerning environmental and energy policy. From 2016 I am a coordinator of Workshop for Social Theory at Institute of Political History.
My research fields are political thought, ideology, populism, environmental and energy law/policy, environmental democracy, social/environmental/climate justice, constitutions and constitution-making, political and legal constitutionalism.
Find here my LinkedIn profile.
Find here my Academia.edu profile.
Find here my English CV.
Please find here some actual information about me and my activity:
Workshop and Summer University:
- 11-12 May 2017, Populisms in Central and Eastern Europe in the 20th Century, Paris France
- 28-31 March 2017, Governing Climate Change: Polycentricity in Action? An International Spring School, Heerlen, The Netherlands
- 18 June – 31 July 2015, Study of the United States Institutes, The Institute on U.S. Political Thought, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Donahue Institute
- 7 September 2014, 3rd UNITAR-Yale Conference on Environmental Governance and Democracy, New Haven, USA
- 7 July 2013 – 10. August 2013, Climate-KIC Summer School, research project: Business opportunities in smart grids.
- 18-22 June 2012, Budapest, NetSci2012, international summer university of network science
- 2-5 May 2009, Prague European Values Network, European Defence Policy Group
- 1-3 March 2009, Brussels European Values Network, European Defence Policy Group
- 9-11 November 2017, Northeastern Political Science Association 49 Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA
- 6-9 September 2017, ECPR General Conference, Oslo. Lecture: Empire and Multitude Populism
- 22-23 May 2017, 3rd International Populism Conference in Prague
- 24-25 April 2017, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, USA, Environmental Justice inthe Anthropocene Symposium
- November 10 - 12, 2016, Boston, Northeastern Political Science Association’s 48th Annual Meeting, panel: CPT-3 Foucault, Anarchy, and Biopolitics. Lecture: The Political Theory and Paradoxes of the Governing Populism in Hungary
- 23-24 May 2016, Current Populism in Europe: Impact on the Political Landscape conference, Prague. Lecture: Populism in Hungary: The False Promise of Repoliticisation
- 26 – 29 August 2015, European Consortium for Political Research General Conference, Montréal, Canada. My lecture’s title: Environmental and Energy Democracy in Hungary
- 5-7 September 2014, 3rd UNITAR-Yale Conference on Environmental Governance and Democracy, 5-7 September 2014, New Haven, USA. Lecture: Strong Constitutional Basis – Weak Environmental Policy – The Case of Hungary
- The Rebirth of the Political - A Schmittian Moment in Hungary (working paper, prepared for Constitutional systems in Middle Europe – The cycle of meetings about political ideas of Tadeusz Mazowiecki organized by Polska Fundacja im. Roberta Schumana, on 6th November 2017 in Warsaw, Poland)
- Biopopulism - The Biopolitical Frameworks of Neopopulisms (conference paper, prepared for Northeastern Political Science Association 49th Annual Conference in Philadelphia, PA 9-11 November 2017) Biopopulism_-
- Populism and Climate Change in the Era of Post-Truth (working paper, prepared for 3rd Prague Populism Conference between. Current Populism in Europe and the Role of the Media. Prague, Czech Republic)
- Empire and Multitude Populism (draft paper, prepared for ECPR Annual Conference, Oslo, Norway)
- Communist Populism in Hungary. (draft paper, prepared for Populism in Central and Eastern Europe in the 20th Century Workshop. Paris, France) y
- Ecopopulism and environmentaljustice in Eastern and South Europe (paper, prepared for Environmental Justice in the Anthropocene. Colorado State University, Fort Collins, USA.)
- The Political Theories,Preconditions and Dangers of the Governing Populism in Hungary (study, Czech Journal of Political Science, 2017/1. 5-20.)
- The Impact of USA and EU on Environmental and Energy Democracy in Hungary (study, in: On-line Journal Modelling the New Europe no.17/2015)
- Nationalism and Environmental Protection (study, in: Political Studies 2014 28-34. pp)
- Political Studies 2014 (eds. book, ELTE Faculty of Law Doctoral Schools Budapest, 2014)
- Strong Constitutional Basis – Weak Environmental Policy. How could be the Environmental Policy Unconstitutional? – The Case of Hungary (conference paper, 3rd UNITAR-Yale Conference on Environmental Governance and Democracy, 5-7 September 2014, New Haven, USA)